Barnet manager John Still can’t wait for his side to visit the Breyer Group Stadium tomorrow. Still’s Barnet are one of the form sides in the division after five wins in a row and will be hoping to make it six tomorrow. Described as a “London Derby” by Still he stated to barnetfc.com “It’s a game I relish and look forward to very much. At the end of the day it’s about getting three points”
- League Record – P10 W5 D2 L3 F9 A10
- Away Record – P5 W3 D1 L1 F4 A3
- Won their last three away games
- Not won four consecutive away games since 2014
The Bees made it five consecutive wins for the first time since 2014 last weekend with a 1-0 home win over Maidenhead. Josh Walker’s first goal of the season sent Barnet up to ninth. Still’s side were battling a lengthy injury list along with illness and the 68 year old was very happy with the result. Speaking to barnetfc.com “I’m absolutely delighted, probably when we take everything into account it is a good a win as we’ve had”.
Still swapped Dagenham for Barnet in the summer, making it his third spell in charge of the Bees. After a tough start with no win in the first five games of the season, the Bees now sit outside the play offs on goal difference with the mood in the camp good. Speaking to barnetfc.com “the spirit is good, we have worked hard this week. Winning breeds confidence. The test is when is hasn’t gone right but the players have taken on board what we have look for. The performance and results have improved and make it a happy place”
- Kept four league clean sheets (three away)
- Have Kept back to back clean sheets for first time this season
- Kept two clean sheets in last three away games
- Only conceded one goal in last 334 minutes of football away from home
With ten games now played in the National League, the table is starting to take shape according to Still who is aware that no game is easy in the National League. Speaking to barnetfc.com “I think by now the league tends to sort itself out, O’s have been on a good run, I think along with all the game we’ve played really, every single game has been tough. I don’t expect it to be any different tomorrow”.
- Failed to score in three league games (two away)
- Have scored in their last five games and last three away games
- 5/9 goals scored have been in first half – including 3/4 away
- Last four goals scored have all come in first half and resulted in wins
Still began his playing career at Orient back in 1967 as a youth player and continues to live in amongst Orient fans. After seasons of discontent at Orient, Still stated “Orient’s a good club, there has been some reconstruction over the past couple of years. They have a good manager in Justin Edinburgh and have brought back Lingy”. He added “as a football fans I am pleased they have picked up from the disappointment that they had there. But I’m fully aware that it will be a tough tough game, one we really look forward to”.
The Bees face three of the top seven in the next fortnight but the winning run has built a belief in the squad. Still who has achieved three promotions from the National League is hoping for number four to send Barnet back up at the first time of asking. Still stated to barnetfc.com ” I think the way we’re approaching games and the way we’re competing in games is now giving us a great chance. There’s lots of little things that please you, I was pleased with the work rate. I am really pleased with our application to our game at the moment”.
Barnet are set to be without ten first team players through injury but some are nearing return. John Still will hope to have a few players back after several missed last week’s win over Maidenhead with sickness. David Tutonda should be available after returning from suspension.
Last Time Out – 1-0 vs Maidenhead
Head to Head – Leyton Orient 9, Draw 8, Barnet 7
- Barnet have won two of the last three meetings
- Barnet have only won one of the last eight meetings at the Breyer Group Stadium – W1 D3 L4
- Barnet have only scored in one of the last four meetings away
- Only one of the last six meetings has seen both teams score
Prediction – Leyton Orient 3-1 Barnet