AFC Fylde manager Dave Challinor urged his side to be put their FA Trophy Semi Final victory behind them. The Coasters travel to League Leaders Leyton Orient on Tuesday with the chance to cut the gap to just three points. Speaking to afcfylde.co.uk “I’ll enjoy tonight, they have got to be professional and do things right. They have an opportunity at the end of the season to celebrate with hopefully more success. Today is about recovering making sure we replicate the same elation on Tuesday evening”.
- Sit 5th on 67 points
- Unbeaten in their last seven games – W4 D3
- One defeat in last 14 matches – W8 D5 L1
- League Record – P37 W18 D13 L6 F63 A32
Fylde booked their place at Wembley with a 3-2 win at Stockport on Saturday. Nyal Bell put Stockport ahead before a Danny Rowe penalty and Ryan Croasdale strike put them in control. Ash Palmer equalised late on but Alex Reid’s strike earned their victory. Croasdale spoke to afcfylde.co.uk “it’s probably the best performance we’ve had this season and to do it under the pressure of the semi final is a credit to the lads”.
- Away League Record – P18 W5 D10 L3 F24 A16
- Only 37% points have been collected away
- Unbeaten in last five games – W2 D3
- One defeat in last eight games – W3 D4 L1
- Only won one of last four away league matches – W1 D2 L1 F6 A6
The Coasters trailed for a long spell on Saturday before top scorer Danny Rowe levelled. Despite being a goal down, Challinor was delighted with his sides performance, mentality and character to pick up the victory. Speaking to afcfylde.co.uk “I thought we were fantastic, I really thought we dominated the game, territorially but we gave a sloppy goal away. We got an equaliser then got ourselves in front but disappointed to concede from a set piece. But we showed unbelievable amounts of character to get the winner”.
- Failed to score in nine league games – (five away)
- Scored in four of their last five games – netting ten goals
- Scored in last four league games – 13 goals
- Scored in last 12 away games
- Scored 37/63 league goals in second half (13/24 away)
- Eight of their last 12 league goals have been netted in second period
Challinor who has been with the Coasters since 2011 was brimming with pride about taking his side to Wembley. The 43 year old has guided them to three promotions in his tenure described it “biggest honour in management”. Speaking to afcfylde.co.uk “it was amazing, very emotional after the game, I am bursting with pride for me to take my team to Wembley and walk them out at Wembley will be my biggest honour in management. They had the opportunity to make it happen and I am thankful for it. To watch them at the greatest stadium in the world would be absolutely fantastic’.
- Kept 15 league clean sheets (six away)
- One clean sheets in last five games
- Two in last six games – both 0-0 draws
- No clean sheet in last seven league games (last 2-0 win over Wrexham, 19th January)
- Kept one in last nine league matches
- Conceded 22/32 league goals in second half – 12/16 away goal
- Four of the last six league goals conceded have been in second period
Fylde are right in the mix for promotion with their rivals all dropping on Saturday. The Coasters along with Orient have at least two games in hand on teams in and around them and Challinor is keen for his side to fully concentrate on the remaining league games. Speaking to afcfylde.co.uk “we have showed throughout the season we can put it to the background. Today we can focus on when it comes around, the players have an opportunity to show what they can do and showcase their talents. We have to look forward to that”.
Dave Challinor is expected to make some changes to his side. Jordan Tunnicliffe should be fit despite suffering a broken nose on Saturday. Dan Bradley, Ash Hemmings and Lewis Walters are all back after being cup tied against Stockport. Serhat Tasdemir is still away with Azerbaijan U19’s.
Head to Head – AFC Fylde 1, Draw 0, Leyton Orient 2
- Danny Rowe has scored all three goals in the fixtures all coming from outside the box
Last Time Out – 23/03/2019 – Stockport County 2-3 AFC Fylde
Prediction – Leyton Orient 2-1 AFC Fylde